6 Beauty Habits You Should Add To Your Morning Routine
Staying beautiful for the rest of your day, like every other thing, highly depends on what you do in the morning. Sticking to an effective morning routine will not only improve your skin smoothness, firmness, and tone but will also make you look healthier and stronger as you begin your day.
It’s amazing how you can enjoy all these benefits just by changing a few things you do when you get out of bed.
Here are 6 beauty habits you should always start your morning with:
1. Get Better Sleep– I’ll start from here because your sleep has a direct impact on your health and thus affects your skin. First, make sure your bed is as neat and comfortable as possible, surrounded with a relaxing atmosphere. Get in bed and wake up at the same time every morning. Aim for 7-8 hours of sleep as this holds plenty of benefits and gives an lasting energy for the rest of the day.
Bonus tip: Always replace your pillowcase with a fresh one. Always better to lay your face down on a pillow that’s not going to contaminate your skin and give you breakouts.
2. Water– So basic, but yet many of us take for granted. A crucial part of any morning routine, drink a full glass of water as soon as you wake up. Remember, you’ve just spent many hours with no food or drink, so every cell in your body craves water to arouse the joints and muscles. Also, drinking a glass of water releases unwanted toxins from your bloodstream, helping keep your skin clear and glowing.
3. Deep Cleansing and Nourishing– Cleanse your facial skin daily with a kaolin clay face mask. A Kaolin clay mask is an inexpensive and effective way to nuture your skin. As a facial and full body mask, it offers several important benefits for oily, acne-prone, normal and sensitive skin types.
4. Exercise– After your first glass of water, try stretching out a bit. Having spent the night as a bed-potato, doing a little bit of exercise will kick-start your metabolism and increase your blood flow which in turn helps the body get rid of unhealthy toxins. Exercise also improves the firmness of your skin and gives it a healthy, glowing color.
5. Eat Protein– A recent study revealed that eating a high-protein breakfast helped stay fuller longer and prevents overeating later in the day. Opt for food that is rich in protein for energy as well as antioxidants and fiber. So bagels and sugary cereals out, oats, nuts and fruits in.
Foods that hold beta-carotene can also help the skin naturally glow allowing a darker pigmentation without having to go out into the sun. Examples are carrots, cantaloupe, peaches, and bell peppers.
6. Shower and Shine– Your morning shower is very important. A clean, fresh feeling increases not only your confidence when you walk into the office but it also improves your skin. After you shower try to remember to use a lotion that’ll hydrate your body. Also, hot water is better than cold, as it’s a great way to dehydrate your skin.